Comfortable Fishing Cabins in the Canadian Wilderness!
Located in a small bay on the Churchill River system in North-Eastern Saskatchewan, 20 km from the end of the road (Sandy Bay SK).
- We have over 40 miles of river and lakes to fish and explore.
- We have 9 modern guest cabins which can accommodate groups of 2-12. All the cabins have electricity, filtered potable water, bathrooms with showers, and full kitchens stocked with everything you need to prepare and enjoy your catch. Dishes, utensils, cups, glasses, dish towels, soap, and gas BBQs. We pride ourselves on our clean comfortable cabins!
- There is a small store attached to the office for tackle, bait, ice, and souvenir clothing and hats.
- Boats are 16’ Lund boats with brand new 4-stroke Yamaha motors.
- We have a clean filleting house for guests to clean their catch.
- In the guest laundry house, we have a book library where you can borrow or have any book that interests you. We have people generously donate books all the time. We also have board games to borrow and return when done.
10 Campground Sites with Power, Water and Sewer
- Can accommodate any size motor home.
- Filtered potable water out of every faucet.
- 5 central bathrooms with showers.
- Portable fire pits (firewood at no charge).
- Each campsite has one picnic table.
- Boat slips for boats at no extra charge, no need to pull your boat out every night.
- Filleting house also available for campers at no cost.
- Plenty of room to park boat trailers away from the campsite.
- Monthly site rental available.
In addition to the base camp, we also have boat-in and fly-in outpost camps.
What You Need to Bring
- fishing gear
- landing net
- There is only limited cell signal around camp. If you are at a higher elevation or out on the water near basecamp, the signal is good.
- We do not offer Wi-Fi and we believe it’s a good thing to come and enjoy the wilderness and get back to nature without such distraction.
- If you need Wi-Fi, the office has limited service - so not to worry if you have to check on things back home.
How to Get Here
- I-29 to #6 Winnipeg, # 60 North to # 10 Flin Flin/Creighton, #106 to Pelican Narrows, #135 through Pelican Narrows, then North 31 miles to Slim’s Cabins. (1 mile past the 100km sign) KM 103 Sask Hwy #135.
- For guests wishing to travel via commercial air, the closest airport is in Flin Flon MB. Ground transportation to the camp (110 miles) can be arranged for an additional fee.
- For guests traveling in their private aircraft, there is a hard surface runway and an NDB located in the village of Sandy Bay SK 14 miles from camp. Ground transportation to the camp can be arranged.
- We have a private marina located in a secluded bay on the Churchill River. We have 100 LL fuel.
- Our latitude and longitude are N55 - 26 - .09 W102 - 26 - .692
- Our GPS coordinates are 55.525595, -102.3179306